• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create the required folder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac with Yosemite, and I plan to migrate from Aperture (BTW, thanks, Apple!) to something else, and one of the options is LR. So, I downloaded the trial version but when launching it presents a window with a fatal error "Cannot create required folder). I am the sole user on my system, I have administrator privileges, I have tried to create a folder in the exact place where LR can't, and I created it with no error messages.. so, what's wrong? I add a copy of my error screenUntitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Please follow below steps :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Right click on Adobe folder and select GetInfo option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow below steps :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Right click on Adobe folder and select GetInfo option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts.

Add all user accounts and then provide "Read & Write" permission to all user accounts. ( If not okay , just add currently logged in user name and Administrator)

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Then launch Lightroom application and check.

Let me know if you still face any issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and applied full permissions to all user accounts but still get the same problem in my main user account. Previously I had opened a new user account and LR opened in it without any problems but I would just like to work in the one account rather than having to change accounts all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats seems to be user account specific issue . which happens sometime with Mac OS .

In this case , try repairing Disk permissions,

Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Run Disk Utility , first verify disk permissions for Mac HD and then run repair disk permissions.

Still same ?

You may refer below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-unexpected-behavior-user-account.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn, thanks so much. I can see you have helped a number of people with this and you responded to my problem very quickly, which is really appreciated. Unfortunately, however, things did not work out in my case. All is not lost, at least I can still log in using a different user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry to hear that .

Not to worry , as I mentioned earlier , it seems to be User account specific issue .

However , we can try with other steps. but before that you can contact Apple Support once and inform them that the application is launching fine on new account and giving error on old user account.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

This issue can be fixed , nothing serious. main advantage is that the product is launching fine on new account , which gives added advantage to find out issue easily.  Ah! I can give a try with , it is better to troubleshoot under the supervision of expert Apple Support professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Brucgovn. I did contact Apple Support before starting this thread and they could not fix the problem, It was them, in fact, that suggested the new user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you very much!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I could have never figured that out only own.   Thank God their are people like you willing to help.  THANK YOU>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray! I'm still on Mavericks and was thinking that I'm too far out of date for LR6 to work on my machine, but Brucgovn's response works for me too. Thank you. Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brucgovn!

I live in the middle of nowhere on a Kenyan tea estate and you have just saved my bacon! 

Thank you so much for the advice!

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much!! This worked perfectly. I really appreciate you taking the time to put this answer up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn, thanks

I have done everything you suggested (although only for Lightroom folder, not for all Adobe subfolders) and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, if you provide Full permissions to Adobe folder , it applies for all sub folders inside.

In order to avoid future errors , it is better to provide permissions to whole Adobe folder.

The permissions issue occurs in different scenarios also.

You may check in the below link ,due to insiffucient permissions , Coresync was not getting created and prompting error. :

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1828087

Hence it is Ideal to have Full permissions to entire Adobe folder , in order to avoid future error

I am very happy to hear that issue has been resolved .

You are mos welcome

All the best .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks Brucgovn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend!!!! that worked a treat!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!! Thanks Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!!! I would have never figured that out haha, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES it worked!! thank you Brucgovn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work for me 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac computers has 2 libraries.

~/library =User Library

/library = System Library,.

Please confirm whether you had provided full permissions to currently logged in user account and Administrator fort Adobe folder under User Library ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines