• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit LR files in PS

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe having serious support issues? I tried to use the call in facility and was hung up on. I am having trouble editing an image in Photoshop when requesting the edit from Lightroom. I have Mac OS Big Sur 11.2 and the latest updates to all creative cloud apps that I subscribe to. Is anyone else having these problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the problem? 

No, no problem on this end with Big Sur and latest version. 

I think you're running 11.1? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all happened since updating tp OS Big Sur 11.1 I also updated LR CC Classic and PS to the latest versions. In LR when I try to Edit in PS, PS opens, but no file is transferred to PS. 

In desparation, I removed both LR Classic and PS and loaded fresh versions. This did not solve the issue and now when I open LR through bridge only part of the image shows. Right now, I am frustrated and will get back to this later.

BTW, I've been using these products for many many years without any problems until now.

Also, I'd like to note that LR & PS are running very slow since the updates.

This being  said, I'm tempted to use my alternative photo editor Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgrade to Big Sur 11.1 last night. LR 10.1 has crashed several times this morning playing video files and moving folders from one drive to another. I no problem doing these things before the Bog Sur upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues as well.  Cmnd/E just gives me an error tone, and when I go to the photo tab, edit in. . . there are no options available for any program, including Photoshop.  So I cant move from LR to PS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to say, looks to me like Adobe really blew it this time. I'm hoping that the fix won't mean starting over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Lightroom crashes or completely freezes my Mac (running Big Sur 11.1 since yesterday evening). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped. Let's hope this gets corrected in future updates. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reloading back to classic 10.0 is not what I want to do. I am just plain disappointed in Adobe after all these years. Going back to 10.0 and then later upgrading takes too much of my precious time. I want to spend that time taking pictures and visualizing what my image could look like. I've been working with computers, including software engineering, since the late 1960s. I just don't see any advantage to my spending time going back and forth between app versions. Frankly, my experience tells me that Adobe does not have a very Quality Control department for their software. They should have seen this problem before they released this version. Good luck Adobe, you're going to need it. I just QC has made sure the other Apps are working as advertised. BTW, I reloaded both LR Classic and PS and neither really works properly or are as slow as a dead tortise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines