Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot export JPEG from RAW

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I'm having trouble exporting to JPG from any RAW file on Win 10 system running Lightroom Classic 2020 ( 9.3 release ). It justt keeps saying Lightroom cannot write RW file and rhe JPEG is nit created. No idea wat the problem could be (see screenshot). The problem remains on whatever folder and picture I use

any recommendations?

Аннотация 2020-09-05 171629.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this photo P1044815.rw2 shown as a missing photo in Lightroom Classic? Is there an exclamation point icon near the top right in the grey area around the thumbnail in the Grid view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. it's not a missing file, no exclamation marks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your export dialog options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Аннотация 2020-09-05 174926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you are selecting "Export To:" Specific folder and then point it to a Picasa folder then in a dacha subfolder. Maybe your user name doesn't have the Rights to Write to that folder and or create a new subfolder.

How about you do an export of one image from RAW file to the folder the raw file is in, IE Same folder as original, and see if it goes through.

Also you are one release behind on LrC. It is now at 9.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right! As soon as I chose another folder in the drive C root, it was able to export. The thing is that I want to export to my Windows Pictures folder, does this mean the app doesn't have permission to so that ? What can I do about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the App that doesn't have permissions. It is your User name and or a combo of both.

If you have selected just the Picasa folder with No added subfolder it might of gone through. Or if you had created that subfolder prior to doing the export, using the Win File manager Explorer, then it might of gone through. Don't know as I'm not the one sitting in front of your computer.

Why have you chosen another picture programs main storage folder as the export location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, after some experimentation:

— Lightroom doesn't want to export to my user folders that were created by Windows (documents, pictures, downloads, etc), but it does exports to folders in my domain that I have created via explorer. Quite good news. Still, it's weird that I cannot export to these "home" folders.

FYI, I use picasa for easy management and fast export with no editing, for me Lightroom is overkill to do such simple tasks. When I edit RAW I use lightroom. So I store many export files in Picasa folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines