• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export movies with GPS data from Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have aded GPS info to my movies in Lightroom Classic. However, those files lose all GPS info when exported. I do not have this problem with photos.

Help! How can I export movies with GPS data? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to do that with built-in features. LR has poor support for video and video metadata in particular.

You could use the Run Any command plugin to invoke the free Exiftool utility to copy the GPS coordinates from the catalog into the exported video. However, even if you're familiar with command-line scripting, the learning curve for Exiftool is steep, so expect a couple hours to get this working.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I hope Adobe addresses this issue in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try posting your problem at the official Adobe feedback site, where  Adobe prefers to see such issues:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the relevant feature request asking that LR write metadata to videos:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr4_beta_video_tagging_not_complete

Please add your constructive opinion and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines