Highlighted

Cannot export .tiff files after doing a disk recovery in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my images and had to do a recovery on the disk to get them back. I was able to find all the images I had deleted, but when I open them in lightroom all of the .tiff have black exclamation points next to them and the .ARW images are good to access and edit. When I click on the exclamation it says, "Lightroom has encountered a problem reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo." Was this just a problem with how I recovered the images. Any help will be a appreciated! 

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot export .tiff files after doing a disk recovery in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my images and had to do a recovery on the disk to get them back. I was able to find all the images I had deleted, but when I open them in lightroom all of the .tiff have black exclamation points next to them and the .ARW images are good to access and edit. When I click on the exclamation it says, "Lightroom has encountered a problem reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo." Was this just a problem with how I recovered the images. Any help will be a appreciated! 

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite possible that the recovery was not 100% successful. That is why you should not rely on recovery software but make regular backups.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0