• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot generate jpeg

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in the the Book module of LR Classic and have tried to export a jpeg of a book but all that happens is that the bar at the top left appears and moves a short distance before it is complete.  When I go to my destination I find the folder but it is empty.  I have tried this a number of times.  Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Export a JPG "OF" a BOOK"? What does that actually mean?

The Book Module is for Creating a book from the images already in your LR Classic Catalog.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your question but I never use the LR Classic Book module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the book module either. However, I believe you can export a PDF version of a block. But I don't believe it's possible to export a JPEG copy of a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export a Book to JPG.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 12.14.13 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and on my first few trys it did the same thing.  I was saving to the Desktop just using the Desktop choice in the Save dialog.  It created an EMPTY folder.  I had issues with other programs when I upgraded to Catalina where I solved the issue by choosing the Desktop using the FULL Finder dialog and it worked.  This method also worked here too.  The save dialog is an Apple dialog and I think there is an issue there.  Strangely once I did this I could just choose Desktop in the Dropdown.

Dropdown dialog

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 12.22.03 PM.jpg

Full dialog

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 12.22.17 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Book Module can be very useful for creating Title slides, etc, as the Page design functions can be used to create JPG images for other uses.

The setting to Export to JPG is set in the top panel- and you can set specifications (quality, profile, etc) for the JPGs. The Aspect ratio of the JPGs will be first set by the 'Size:' (Book Page format) option. (or Crop them later!)

ScreenShot264.jpg

When you click the [Export Book to JPG] button- the dialog asks to select a Folder Destination and enter the Folder Name.

For Mac OS there may be Permission problems that limit the 'Destination'?

The Exported JPGs will also take on the Folder name and a Page Number. You get a JPG for every page in the Book.

ScreenShot266.jpg

ScreenShot265.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few tries I was able to generate a jpeg from the Book Module.  If you go to the Book Module and at the top right click you will get a dropdown of options and one is a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines