• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get out of new lightroom catalog

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get out of a library catalog. I want to develop a photo in the catalog but there is no escape button or any options to get to the develop module.  I have signed in and out, re-imported into new catalogs, everything I can think of but I am still stuck in the library or catalog. Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

I suggest you start with Learning how to use Lightroom Classic. You can do that by viewing some of the Adobe supplied Tutorials.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you've done. So can you post a screenshot? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you mean the Import screen, you need to complete the import process before you can work on the images.
  2. If you mean the Library module,  getting into the Develop module can be done either with a keystroke (for example D, otherwise there are keystrokes for particular Develop tools, which will also switch you to that module) - or else, using text buttons on a bar at the top of the screen (showing all the available modules). This bar might be currently collapsed down to a thin strip. That can be expanded most straightforwardly by clicking an arrow, or there are keystrokes which will do the same. Once visible, it is possible to customise the interface so that particular modules are prevented from appearing on this bar. Context-clicking (e.g. right mouse button) on the bar brings up the option to re-enable that missing button, by adding a checkmark.
  3. Regardless of a successful login to your Adobe Account, when there is no currently active Subscription plan attached to that, Lightroom Classic starts up in a ("non-licensed") mode whereby the Develop module is unavailable. And Photoshop will not start at all. It is worth checking the subscription plan status in the online control panel for your Adobe Account: in particular, whether you are using the particular login which a subscription plan has been associated with.

Just to be clear on terminology: the part of Lightroom Classic where images are organised is the Library module. This AND the Develop module and also the other modules: the whole environment comes from the overarching Catalog that you have got open. The Filmstrip is a common element running through these various modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want to develop a photo in the catalog but there is no escape button or any options to get to the develop module."

Press D

or

Press Ctrl-Alt-2 (Windows, sorry I don't know what it is on a Mac)

or

Press F5 and then the top right menu bar should appear, click on Develop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you start with Learning how to use Lightroom Classic. You can do that by viewing some of the Adobe supplied Tutorials.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines