Highlighted

Cannot import from Fuji X100V

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to import pictures from my new X100V. I can import images from the SD card if I remove it from the camera but not if I connect directly to the computer using USB. The camera is seen but no images show up, LR states "No photos found". It has found pictures before but the import always has an error. I've tried using Image Capture as well and I get an import error.

I'm using OSX with the latest Catalina update (maybe thats a mistake!!)

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot import from Fuji X100V

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to import pictures from my new X100V. I can import images from the SD card if I remove it from the camera but not if I connect directly to the computer using USB. The camera is seen but no images show up, LR states "No photos found". It has found pictures before but the import always has an error. I've tried using Image Capture as well and I get an import error.

I'm using OSX with the latest Catalina update (maybe thats a mistake!!)

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Exact version of LR Classic is installed on your system? There was an update to the newest LR Classic version, 9.2.1, just the other day that may support that camera. Actually that camera was supported with ACR 21.1 and LR Classic 9.1.

So what EXACT version of LR Classic are you using. To find that info in LR go to the Help menuy and select System Info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm on the latest 9.2.1. I thought this might help.

I have a feeling that it's actually a MacOS Catalina issue as I didn't have an issue before I upgraded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. MACOS CATALINA

This only applies if your MACOS is Catalina.

Outside of Lightroom Classic, in the MACOS, bring up System Preferences. Select Security and Privacy, select Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic and for Photoshop while you are at it, make sure all boxes are checked. If you store catalogs or photos in the MACOS folder Photos, scroll up and make sure Lightroom Classic is included.

301DA104-621A-474B-97F5-7FFF7CD7B188.png

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Import screen, Sources, Devices vs Files

Adobe mistrusts devices as source,  and has been trying to get us away from that, however

If SD card in camera, look under devices.

If SD card in reader, look under files

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. Occasional Lightroom oddity with Destination

In your Lightroom Classic Import screen, right side, is destination correct? Some people report issues with import when destination is nonexisting. Make sure upper right info works with destination lower down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. FujiX USB picky

The USB cable you are using must have all 8 (ok, 4 of the wires , +, -, data receive, data transmit, not just 2. It must be a data cable not a power cable.

The USB cable must be no longer than  1.5 m (4.9 ft)

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x100v/connections/computer/index.html

Tne latter is largeky a Fuji thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I have tried all of that.

I have, however, proved that it's not really a Lightoom issue. I plugged in another camera, and imported the pictures from that without any issue. It shows up in the Import section as does the X100V, the drive to save to is the same, as are the other settings. Definitely seems to be an issue with reading from the X100V, even though the thumbnails all show up.

Very odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0