• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import HEIC files

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightroom Classic-Version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]
Spracheinstellung: de
Betriebssystem: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.18362
Anwendungsarchitektur: x64
Systemarchitektur: x64

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community! 

[ FIY: I use Lightroom Classic in German language, therefore the screenshots are in german. I translated everything below the pcis.]

Lightroom Classic should support HEIC files since 2019. Unfortunatly it´s not working for me right now. When I try to import the files I get the following error during selection of the pics:

2020-02-02 10_11_13-Lightroom.png

EN: Preview for this file is not available

When I try to import these files anyway I get a grey window with - for sure - no preview.

2020-02-02 10_24_47-Lightroom Catalog-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Bibliothek.png

When I try to edit the photo I get the following error:

2020-02-02 10_27_34-Lightroom Catalog-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Entwickeln.png

EN: An unknown error occured.

Do you have an idea what could be wrong? I really have no clue yet. 😞

Wishing you a nice day!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thoughts-  (but not Mac experienced!!)

HEIC needs iOS 11 or higher.  https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/kb/heic-files-support.html

My Windows-10 Home is at 10.0.18363  -Check for OS updates.

The Previews show an exclamation mark in a black circle which is an indication that the files are corrupt. Where are you importing from? Can you try copying files to the hard-drive and importing from there?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above more than likely those images with no preview in the import window and no preview after import and the error message you get while trying to edit them means they are corrupted in some way.

If they are still on your "i" device, phone/pad, can you call them up in whatever apple used as a gallery (image viewer) and can you copy them from the "i" device to a folder on your computer? Once copied can you view them in the Windows photo viewer or some other image viewing program and do they display properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you upload a couple of them to someplace like DropBox and make them Public and post a link to download them. Then we can load them on our systems and take a look at what might be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines