• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import images in LR Classic 6.0 since upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since upgrading my Mac from OS Catalalina to OS Big Sur, my LR crashes on attempting to import images. I get a flash of a red screen and a crash report (because LR crashes) or LR does nothing with my import command.

Thanking you in advance for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Lightroom 6 isn't compatible with Big Sur.

LR 6 is a 32 bit application and Big Sur does not allow those....

If it was working for you in Catalina, you might consider putting that operating system on your Mac. Or else subscibe to the 10 dollar amonth photography plan and get Lightroom and Photoshop with all the latest features going forward. Your old catalogs will simply be upgaded. You will not lose any photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other option: Abit more work:

You can use an external drive with the last operating system (catalina?) that worked with Lightroom 6. THen start up from that external, install LR 6 on that external drive, and use it as you have been...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried the same in Lightroom Classic v5 and it crashes so it's something to do with Big Sur. No matter what I set in privacy, no good either. 

I had to boot into an old OS (Catalina) to import. This is a very old catalog I keep around; in Big Sur, I'm using the latest version without issue. It's looking like your days of running this old application, at least with Big Sur is over. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines