• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import .mov files into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an import error for all .mov files in Lightroom.  I have Lightroom Classic 4.4 and photos are iPhone vidoes.  Have read other posts about this and only suggestion seems to be to convert all files to .mp4 insteads of .mov.  I find it hard to believe that a major software product focused in large part on workflow management would not be able to import one of the most popular version of movie file formats.  I mean, seriously??? Has this been fixed?  Is this issue present in Lightroom CC?

Would also appreciate any recommendations for Lightroom alternatives - my primary goal is workflow management / easy photo viewing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such version of Lightroom Classic 4.4? It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Lightroom Version: 3.1 2019/11/24 etc
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that - here's' my info:

Lightroom version: 4.4 [891433]
Version: 10.14 [6]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
Built-in memory: 40960.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 40960.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1384.8 MB (3.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5510.8 MB
Memory cache size: 336.3 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting video on your iPhone in the high efficiency format?

At present HEVC is only supported in the latest versions of Lightroom on MacOS; not yet on Windows, except the cloud version LR3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Yes, that was the setting on my iphone.  It has been changed now although I am trying to better understand the trade-offs there.   What are my options for old files that were shot this way?  

Am I correctly interpreting that upgrading to the latest version of Lightroom for MAC would allow me to process these files in that format?  Is my only option at this point the cloud based subscription for LR?  I am not a professional user so this is cost prohibitive for me...

Other than upgrading LR is my only option to run a converter on these files? 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, upgrading to the latest version of Lightroom Classic would require a subscription. You could try converting to mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem of .mov files from my iphone not importing.  I have the latest subscription of Lightroom Classic, and the problem remains.  I changed the extension to .mp4, and that did not fix the problem.  Is there a method to "truly" convert to .mp4 without buying more software?  After researching, I changed my phone settings; however, I have some very important videos already in the HEVC .mov format that I do not want to lose management of.  How can we get these files imported to Lightroom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines