• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import MP4 from DJI Mavic 2 Pro on iMac

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error on just the videos from my Mavic 2 Pro when I try to import into my iMac - late 2013 3.2 Ghz Quad Core i5 on Catalina 10.15.5 OSX:

tcworldtraveler_0-1594097916795.png

However I can import perfectly fine on my newer Macbook Pro 16".  The versions of OSX and Lightroom Classic are exactly the same on both systems, but on the iMac, it is not working.  Even the prview is saying "Preview unavailable for this file".

Here's the LRC system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.15.5 [19F101]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3.2 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 24,576.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 24,576.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1,149.1 MB (4.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 10,281.1 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.3 [ 493 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1MB / 12287MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2MB / 24576MB (0%)
Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Volumes/TC006-WD-2019/TCMedia/Pictures/Lightroom/LR Catalog Main A-2.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/tim/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Aurora HDR 2017
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Facebook
6) Flickr
7) Nikon Tether Plugin
8) Teekesselchen

Config.lua flags: None

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512
AudioDeviceName: $$$/dvaaudiodevice/SystemDefaultAndEffectiveDeviceName=System Default (Built-in Output)#{comment}DVAAU-4201250: Open the audio hardware preferences page.
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100

I appreciate any help on solving this.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

I have SOLVED THIS ! 

The main cause I think was the association of .mp4 to VLC player and not the default Quicktime Player.  I had to reset it back to the standard association.   It seems LRC may be using QuickTime libraries to display the video.

I fixed my problem the long way (see steps later).  You can try for the shortcut / Hail-Mary pass - by resetting your .MP4 association back to QuickTime Player.  You can even try deleting the VLC Player jsut to be safe.   How to change the association

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload a sample video to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, we can see if the same issue occurs on other installations or is specific to your computer.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpd3qhzct2hs188/DJI_0319.MP4?dl=0

Got a bit busy due to Calif fires, but hope someone can help solve this.

Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have SOLVED THIS ! 

The main cause I think was the association of .mp4 to VLC player and not the default Quicktime Player.  I had to reset it back to the standard association.   It seems LRC may be using QuickTime libraries to display the video.

I fixed my problem the long way (see steps later).  You can try for the shortcut / Hail-Mary pass - by resetting your .MP4 association back to QuickTime Player.  You can even try deleting the VLC Player jsut to be safe.   How to change the association ?  In Finder app, look for a .mp4 file.  Do right-mouse click and select "Get Info".  About midway - look for "Open With", and change it to QuickTIme Player.  It will ask if you want to Apply to all .MP4 files, and you select yes.   If that doesn't work - follow the steps below.

How I did it the long way (in OSX iMac):

1.  Backup your Lightroom library.

2.  Delete Lightroom App by moving to trash -

- See additional manual steps at https://osxuninstaller.com/uninstall-guides/uninstall-lightroom-remove-traces-mac/

3.  Download Cleanup tool from Adobe and run that

4.  Rebooted.  Deleted my video VLC Player.  Reassociated with Quicktime. (see above on the steps)

5.  Download and reinstalled LR Classic.  Open back your saved Library with LRC.

and it works !  It imports my DJI videos and even plays them.  The old MP4s ones in my Library before the problem started - also plays.

I will no longer change the default association for .MP4s in OSX.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines