Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import NEF files to Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've tried to import NEF files into Lightroom (Nikon 1 J5) from my iphoto library, without success. I've also tried to convert them with the DNG converter, but always get the error message 'The source folder does not contain any supported  camera raw files.' I'm not sure what to do at this point to even get started with importing the photos so would be grateful for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

The photos in iPhoto cannot be directly imported into Lightroom. You have to export the photos from iPhoto first. As I have never done this, and don't use a Mac, I advise you to search the forum or the internet for complete instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos in iPhoto cannot be directly imported into Lightroom. You have to export the photos from iPhoto first. As I have never done this, and don't use a Mac, I advise you to search the forum or the internet for complete instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? Support for the J5 was added in LR 6.1/2015.1. If your Lightroom is older it won't import the files. If you have LR 6.0 installed you should update your installation. If your Lightroom is v5 or older, you can indeed use dng converter. However, your DNG converter also needs to be new enough to support those files if you have an older version of Lightroom. It is a free direct download from Adobe. You can indeed directly import from iPhoto if you open up the package or do a "show  in Finder" which is probably what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have an SD card from my Nikon D7100 and using a card reader v to download to my PC BUT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE. LIGHTROOM 6,1 CLASSIC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Windows?

Can you see the NEF files using Windows File Explorer?
What is the exact wording of any error message Lightroom is giving you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines