Highlighted

Cannot Import Photo Duplicates

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

I am trying to re-upload edited photos back into Lightroom (this would be the second time I am uploading them back into Lightroom from working on them in Photoshop) BUT I cannot find the edited images in my existing catalog, which is why I am trying to re-import them.

However, they are greyed out and I cannot figure out how else to re-upload them! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Import Photo Duplicates

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

I am trying to re-upload edited photos back into Lightroom (this would be the second time I am uploading them back into Lightroom from working on them in Photoshop) BUT I cannot find the edited images in my existing catalog, which is why I am trying to re-import them.

However, they are greyed out and I cannot figure out how else to re-upload them! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-importing the photos is completely the wrong thing to do. Re-Importing does not solve the problem, it makes it worse.

You need to find the photos in Lightroom. To do this, click on All Photographs, make sure you have turned off all filters, and then use the Filter Bar to search for a photo by file name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with DJ_paige above but you if you have already done another Import in an attempt to solve you issue, you could check for a Duplicates entry in the Library Module left hand side under the Catalog drop-down.

Hopefully its not there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are they located in PS? What folder?

Is that folder visable in LrC, in Folders Panel?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0