Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Lightroom Classic (10.1) on Mac OS anymore

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I noticed that I could not open Lightroom Classic 10.1 anymore on my Macbook Pro with Mac OS Big Sure (version 11.1). It does not crash (no messages are being shown). If I click the app icon I briefly see the start-up screen after which it closes. There doesn't seem to be a locked .lrcat file. If I try to open LRC via the .lrcat file It shows a message that LRC has crashed.

I also have already uninstalled and reinstalled LRC and restarted my MacBook. 

Please help!

Regards,

Frodo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going back to LrC 10.0

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Thanks. I just installed version 10.0 but with the exact same result....  (I uninstalled 10.1 including all preferences). 

Regards, Frodo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of problem LrC 10 and macOS Big Sur see the feedback forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-101-crashes-big-sur...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks, again without any results. It still only briefly shows the start screen. That's it.

Regards,

Frodo Jansen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting Lightroom without a catalog, so that it should ask you for it and give you a chance to create a new one. Move your catalog folder from its current location to another location, and then start Lightroom. If Lightroom does start and asks you to locate the catalog, then create a new one and see if that works. If that works, you can try to import the old one (Import from Another Catalog) to create a new working catalog with all your images and edits intact.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

I tried, but every time it's the same result... it starts, you see the initial loading screen and that's it. No error, no questions regarding catalogs, no nothing. 

Also tried version 9.4, same again. Seems Lightroom doesn't work well with macOS Big Sure at the moment.  

Regards,

Frodo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Big Sur might be a coincidence. I have two computers running Big Sur and Lightroom very happily. Ask help here: https://feedback.photoshop.com (search the forum first for people who have the same problem. If you find a thread, then add your experience there and do not create a new thread). That is the feedback forum for bugs and requests. This is a user-to-user forum, so we have limited possibilities to solve this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines