• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open Lightroom classic Catalog after v 10 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR classic updated recently and it has "frozen up" twice and will  not allow my to access the updateed catalog.  I get an error message LR Catalog 2-2 v10 cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.  I can use the dialog box to quit the that catalog, then LR spends 15 minutes checking integrity of the catalog, then I can open LR again.  I have also had difficulty with LR not allowing me to import images from my camera memory card.  I'm using windows 10 Home, OS build 19041.572 which MS says is up-to-date.  LR is v10.0.  I have also had it stop working when trying to upload images from my camera's memory card.  I am not a very sophisticated software user in general, though I have been using LR for 15 years or so.  But managing catalogs is confusing to me.  Where can I get help?  I'm fearful of losing my images.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Catalog 2-2 v10 cannot be opened because another application already has it opened

When Lightroom is running, there is a lock file present in the same folder as the catalog. The lock file prevents other users from accessing the catalog, and will be deleted when you close Lightroom.

If Lightroom crashes, or is not closed down properly, the lock file might not be deleted, and the error message will appear.

To fix it, use the File Explorer to delete the lock file. In your case, it will be named LR Catalog 2-2 v10.lock

I have also had it stop working when trying to upload images from my camera's memory card

Try to copy the files from the memory card to the computer using a card reader and the File explorer, then import them to Lightroom using the Add option.

This is the safest and least error prone method of getting the images on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines