Highlighted

Cannot open Lightroom Classic on MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paid my creative cloud membership and photoshop opens perfectly on my computer. Lightroom Classic however is not opening, it sends a lot of crash reports. Where is the problem?

Try trashing the LR saved prefs and re-booting. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the two plist files and any other .plist files relating to LR6 (see image below). It is also worth cleaning up any plist files relating to prior versions such as LR5 etc.

Then re-boot your Mac and re-launch Lightroom.

N.B. Apple hides the user Library until the Alt key is depressed.

Are you sure you are running LR Classic? Do you have a subscription or perpetual license?

plist.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open Lightroom Classic on MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paid my creative cloud membership and photoshop opens perfectly on my computer. Lightroom Classic however is not opening, it sends a lot of crash reports. Where is the problem?

Try trashing the LR saved prefs and re-booting. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the two plist files and any other .plist files relating to LR6 (see image below). It is also worth cleaning up any plist files relating to prior versions such as LR5 etc.

Are you sure you are running LR Classic? Do you have a subscription or perpetual license?

plist.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we tell if you don't give any more details, like the version of MacOS X you are using, the version of Lightroom Classic, whether Lightroom Classic did run before or never did, any error dialogs you get? Saving a crash report and posting a link to it might also help the technical people on this forum to suggest a cause.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Lightroom Classic 2015.4 version, lightroom worked before well. A month ago I reordered and since on the MacBook Pro (mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 version). Here are some crash reports:

Näyttökuva 2018-3-13 kello 13.43.42.pngNäyttökuva 2018-3-13 kello 13.42.54.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plist.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this reply. Lightroom is workimg again, hurray!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the Problem that Lightroom Classic won't launch.  The Startup screen comes on, then goes away, then nothing.  I have trashed the preferences files and reboot.  But this didn't change anything.  Any more possibilities for solutions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I'm running Mojave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have exactly the same problem.

I'm using Macbook pro 2016.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jpe14 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. I have a 1017 Macbook pro with Catalina 10.15.5. The lightroom box flashes on the screen briefly but never opens. I tried trashing the playlists. That doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines