Highlighted

Cannot open Lightroom - endless popups

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to open Lightroom Classic for the first time in a couple of months. I'm presented with endless Adobe popups that attempt to load, close, then open again. It's impossible to access the application.

I tried the Adobe Cloud Desktop application. Every time I enter my password correctly - with the password being accepted - it immediately redirects to a page to tell me that I've been signed-out! Note that the password is correct - any incorrect password prevents me from progressing beyond the login.

There seems to be no way of accessing any application at this point in time. I've tried rebooting my PC etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open Lightroom - endless popups

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to open Lightroom Classic for the first time in a couple of months. I'm presented with endless Adobe popups that attempt to load, close, then open again. It's impossible to access the application.

I tried the Adobe Cloud Desktop application. Every time I enter my password correctly - with the password being accepted - it immediately redirects to a page to tell me that I've been signed-out! Note that the password is correct - any incorrect password prevents me from progressing beyond the login.

There seems to be no way of accessing any application at this point in time. I've tried rebooting my PC etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried uninstalling the applications - the problem is that it requires me to sign-in to uninstall. As soon as I sign in I'm presented with the message 'You've been signed out' and I can't proceed. This is what's happening when I try to access any of the applications. Does anybody know what's causing this immediate sign-out to happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, your license allows you to be signed in to your a/c on two computers at any point in time. Are there two active sign on’s.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I only use one PC with Creative Cloud. Thanks for the response though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a lok here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

You should also try to login on your account via the Adobe website with your Adobe ID and the appropriate password. Then check what subsription you have buyed and which computers are active.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it should be fine. I have the plan I wanted for the only PC I use. So far I've spoken to three Adobe support staff and I haven't even received a suggestion of how it can be fixed. Very strange.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have run the Adobe Creativ Cloud Cleaner Tool and restart you computer after you have uninstall the Adobe software?

If no then please do a clena reinstallation again by processing the steps below:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above Uninstall all Adobe apps using the CC cleaner tool then reinstalll all.

I think your problem stems from not using LrC or any Adobe app for months. there has been several updates to all Adobe apps and probably to the OS you are using.

If  on  Mac there has been security changes with the newer updates to OS X that can reset whatever options you set origiinally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end a member of Adobe's team took control of my PC to sort the problem out. It took him 90 minutes to get to the point where I could log in again.

This included using the CC cleaner twice (the first time the re-installation didn't work) - same log-in issue.

Countless folders of cached files were manually cleared - OOBE, SLSTORE, SLCACHE etc.

Processes were manually killed and re-started.

Some Windows credentials files had to be deleted.

Adobe installation files were renamed/manually deleted.

Windows Firewall/Defender was disabled

In the end clearing the browser cache got everything working again - at this point I could finally log-in.

All applications were then re-installed

Windows Firewall/Defender was then re-enabled

There were lots of other things that he was doing along the way.

It was an absolute marathon session by the support technicial. I would have been pulling my hair out for days. Things had clearly got into a mess during the last update. Thanks to Adobe for getting this sorted out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0