Highlighted

Cannot open LR catalog - No reason given

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open an .lrcat file that I was working on last week (however I am able to open other catalogs). The file is on my laptop harddrive, as are the linked photos.
I use LR Classic CC. (the version with the mountain backdrop!)
I tried opening the file from Finder (which is what I typically do) and it just says Application Not Responding. And, I then I opened LR from Applications, then tried to open that particular file and, nothing. Again, Application not Responding. I also tried restarting the computer.
I use a MacBook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.3. 
I would be grateful for any help! Thank you.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open LR catalog - No reason given

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open an .lrcat file that I was working on last week (however I am able to open other catalogs). The file is on my laptop harddrive, as are the linked photos.
I use LR Classic CC. (the version with the mountain backdrop!)
I tried opening the file from Finder (which is what I typically do) and it just says Application Not Responding. And, I then I opened LR from Applications, then tried to open that particular file and, nothing. Again, Application not Responding. I also tried restarting the computer.
I use a MacBook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.3. 
I would be grateful for any help! Thank you.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the folder that catalog is in, did the lock file perhaps not get deleated when lightroom closed (occurs if improperly closed like a crash)

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David. Thanks very much for your prompt response. I moved the .lock file (never noticed it before) to the Trash and tried to re-open the .lrcat file but nothing happens when i click on it. Again, i look at LR icon and it says "Application Not Responding". This is weird. The catalog was working fine last week.

I must point out that last May when i first created the .lrcat file, some similary-named catalogs appeared in the same folder as the .lrcat file, but with "sync-conflict" in the name. I never deleted them.

The catalog was Catalog_May2019.lrcat and in the same folder i found Catalog_May2019.sync-conflict-20190714-125936-STBQ6KM.lrcat and Catalog_May2019.sync-conflict-20190725-112007-STBQ6KM.lrcat

Any other ideas?

Thank you, Steph

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are running Catalina, check the Lightroom settings in the new "security and privacy" system tool.

What happens if you start Lightroom from the desktop icon instead of Finder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for your response. When i start Lightroom from the desktop icon instead of Finder, it opens to a different catalog (a default catalog). I click 'Open Catalog' and try to open the catalog in question. It prompts me with 'do i want to relaunch' with the other catalog, i click 'continue' and again, nothing. Application Not Responding.

I'm looking for the he Lightroom settings in the new "security and privacy" system tool that you suggest.... haven't found it yet (sheepish)!

i just recalled that Adobe asked me to create a new password this past week.. I did - but didn't go into LR since. Could this be a reason?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyber Security in MACOS Catalina, specifically Application rights.

Outsude of Lightroom, in your MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privact tab. Scroll fown to Files and Folders. Fir Lightroom Classic, and while you are st it, for Phitishop, make sure all bixes (drives) are checked.

AA183DAD-1C49-48D5-B6FB-6E903AE517A3.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

If you save photos in the MACOS folder Photos, scroll up to Photis and fix that foe Lightroom and Photoshop

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0