• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open my old catalog on new pc and new lightroom version

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm installing my new pc with the last version of lightroom classic original license.

I copied all the folders from my old pc with the catalog and all files, preview ecc.

When I try to open it obviously It ask me to convert the catalog for the new version; but when It did it appear an error and tell me to close Lighroom to retry and fix the problem on the new load of the of lightroom.

After that, I tryed but appears another error and told me that the catalog is corrupt and cannot be open. I'm not able also to contact adobe suppor anyway, is impossible from italian site!

Anyone had the same problem and solved it? thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm installing my new pc with the last version of lightroom classic original license.

Please give us the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic; and the version NUMBER of your operating system.

I assume the catalog worked properly on the old computer, what version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic is on the old computer?

Can you try transferring the catalog file to the new computer again, if possible using different hardware? Does that solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release 10.2 of lightroom, and windows 10 64bit, yes the catalog worked well, but I didn't remember the exact version, It vas created maybe 2 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating:

Can you try transferring the catalog file to the new computer again, if possible using different hardware? Does that solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't I tryied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was Lightroom 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recent backup of this catalog file you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understood if you tried transferring the catalog file to the new computer again?

Did you move the folders through exporer or the finder?

How did you transfer these folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another idea as was asked above, if you have a back up copy on another drive, have you tried copying that back up copy to see if it opens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines