• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

...cannot retrieve data from the lightroom catalog, the catalog might be corrupted (error)

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to export an image from DxO Photolab 4 in Lightroom Classic ("Export to Lightroom" button), I get this error code in the Lightroom Classic interface. And the TIF file does not appear in the Lightroom catalog (only in Explorer).

It's OK if I'm using a new catalog... but is it possible to correct the error on my current catalog ?

Regards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand... the file does not appear in your current Lightroom catalog, but does appear in a new catalog?

this might also be a problem with DxO.

I apologize that I cannot test this because I do not have DxO Photolab 4... I have exported from others into Lightroom without problems.

Are you using DxO as a plug in to Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using a DxO plug in to Lightroom to transfer a photo from Lr to Dx0 Photolab... and a functionnality into Photolab to export a photo from Photolab to Lr

I think the problem is with the current catalog that I am using ("Catalog 3") : DxO Export worked until january 15th, and since that date I have got this error.

But the DxO export works well if I use a new Lr catalog ("Catalog 3-2" in attachment)

If there are no solution to "repair" this functionnality with my Catalog 3, what is the best way to copy it (photo, metadata etc...) on a new catalog ?

Regards

Frederic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, no idea to repair my catalog ?

Regards

Frederic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I just saw this response so I apologize for the late answer on my part.

I am still not sure I understand what is going on. It could be something with an upgrade either to Lightroom or to DxO which happened around Jan 15.

My suggestion for now would be to open the catalog that is working, Catalog 3-2? 

Then go to File > Import from another catalogas in the image below.

Then direct the import section to the old catalog (Catalog -3) and see if you can import everything.

Next. I would quit Lightroom, then restart it and see if everything in Catalog 3-2 in now in place with all. your previous images and all their previous edits. 

There is some information on the Adobe help site regarding plug ins and problems: 

If everything is completely copied over and you again test it with an import from DxO, then maybe it was just a glitch. And. then you can remove the old catalog, rename the new catalog 3-2 if you wish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the page in English on the suggestions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

Troubleshoot plug-ins

If you have installed many third-party plug-ins and are experiencing odd behavior in Lightroom Classic, troubleshoot the plug-ins next.

1. Check with the plug-in manufacturer to see if they have an update for your plug-in.
  2. Disable problematic plug-ins using Lightroom Classic's Plug-in Manager:
    1. In Lightroom, choose File > Plug-in Manager.
    2. Click Disable for each of the listed plug-ins.
    3. Check if the problem is still occurring.
    4. If the problem is resolved, turn the plug-ins back on one by one.
    5. Check to see if the problem reoccurs after re-enabling each plug-in.

Troubleshoot user account permissions

If none of the troubleshooting steps above solve your problem, your problem may be related to user permissions.

Click Repair to Continue

If you get the Lightroom encountered user permission issues dialog box on launch, click Repair to Continue in the error dialog box.

Manually change folder permissions

Manually change the permissions on the following folders and on all the items in these folders to Read & Write, so that Adobe applications are able to write to these folders when opened or during use:

• /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
  • /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
  • /Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/Adobe/
  • /Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/

Do the following:

1.   Open the user Library folder. To do so, press Option and choose Go > Library in the Finder.

Note:

The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS X 10.7 and later. To locate and access the user Library folder, refer to Can't see user library files on Mac OS X 10.7 and later.

2.   Change the permission on these folders and all items within these folders to Read & Write. To perform the permission changes, refer to the topics Assign permissions to users and groups and Apply permissions to all items in a folder or a disk in the Apple article Set permissions for items on your Mac.

Note:

Make sure that you apply Read & Write permission to all enclosed items within these folders. It requires your administrator name and password.

3.    Launch Lightroom.        

I cannot test the situation myself because I do not have DxO at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

After an import to the new catalog, it seems OK

This ticket can be closed.

Regards

Frederic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cette fois je suis contente!!! Oui je parle courrament, je suis bilingue - et j'ai les 2 passeports! mais j'ecris sur un clavier americain!!! et j'ai tout appris sur Lightroom aux USA!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines