• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot run Slideshow in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run a slideshow this message pops up: Preparing preview for slide # 1, 2 .....

This takes about a minute for each picture and when completed and I push Play, the same thing happens again. I tried it out on two machines and the same thing happened.

I am using Mac and the latest update of Lightroom Classic. Yesterday we had a video presentation and the presenter who is using Windows experienced the same problem.

See attached screenshot.

What can be done to fix this problem?

Arski

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone in experiencing this problem since the LrC v9.3 update.

Here is a link to the Lightroom Queen forum, same issues-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/slideshow-issues-with-upgrade.40672/#post-1274307

I like to support Lightroom-Classic, but when it comes to slideshows I prefer something else.

Even the freeware program XnView-MP https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/ can create a slideshow easier using a folder of photos exported from Lr-Classic.

If you like the design features of the Lr slideshow, tolerate the "Preparing Preview..." once (no music), then export the slideshow as JPGs (or even a PDF), then use other software to present the show.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Wobert. I will check this out.

Arski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found many 3rd party slideshow creators faster and easier. The free apps I used to use are no longer in existence, so like many I am researching which are the best to use. I still use Lightroom to prepare the images, then export them as jpgs to import into the 3rd party application to create the slide show. Boinx used to have a great slideshow application, as did ProShowWeb.  ProShow is gone, but Boinx Fotomagico is still thriving (for MAcOS and ipad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Arski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the video option and that worked fine. Howeever, the Slidesow moduele should work without having to do other tricks. I found that by converting all the pictures to jpeg first, then it works fine. 

To me this is a bug that should be fixed by Adobe.

Arski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, converting to jpgs first is always the way I have done slide shows. That way, if someone asks for one of the slides, which seems to happen often, I have it ready to give them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I will do that in the future. Thank you.

Arski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines