• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see pictures after restoring crashed disk

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I restored the photo folders on the new harrdisk with exactly the same folder structure the folders are visible but the pictures do not show up. However, they are in the folders. When I hover over the preview window it tells me the proper filename.

Any suggestion?

I am using Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 Lightroom.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Your suggestion to look up the Lightroom Queen was helpful.

I could solve this now. The directory in C:\Windows\System32\spool\DRIVERS\color was empty. I still do not know how this could happen but I restored the contents from an image backup of my system drive and the problem was fixed.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there's no exclamation point in the upper-right corner, LR thinks the photos are in their correct locations. (This is for other readers who might not read your post carefully.)

Try these initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Select a few of the thumbnails and do Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews.

2. See if your display profile is corrupted or incompatible with LR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/photos-appear-black-gray-rectangles.html

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-... 

3. If you're on Windows, temporarily disable the graphics processor by setting Preferences > Performace > Use Graphics Processor to Off. (Windows uses the GPU in Library but Mac OS doesn't.)  If that helps, update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's Web site.

4. Delete the preview cache:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

I'm guessing it's more likely this last step that will help, but it can take a very long while for LR to rebuild previews, while the first three steps are quick to test.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I do not seem to have any Color management items in my window!

Where do I have to browse?

Color Management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion to look up the Lightroom Queen was helpful.

I could solve this now. The directory in C:\Windows\System32\spool\DRIVERS\color was empty. I still do not know how this could happen but I restored the contents from an image backup of my system drive and the problem was fixed.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irt would be better if you included a larger screen shot, showing more of the Folders section and of the center Grid section.

Also what OS are you using?

You don't have the Drive letter or name showing so we have no idea if the restored drive is using the same letter or name (Windows or Mac OS X respectively). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines