• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot “select” missing file when trying to link it.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a LR catalog outsourced for editingand when I open it I have to locate the files. Ok, no problem. 

When I go to locate the file, I hit select to link it and nothing happens. I cannot select it.

File names match perfectly. 

help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

UPDATE: Deleting the files off my desktop and re-uloading them WORKED! AMAZING!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to describe your problem in more detail.

You outsourced editing of images to some one else and you sent them your catalog and the images?

You got the catalog back from whoever you outsourced the editing to? Did you also get the image files back?

Sorry but I really don't understand your actual problem from what you posted in your original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. So, I used a company to outsource some editing. I sent them a copy of my raw files and a LR catalog of them via Dropbox. 

They edited that catalog and sent it back to me (I have done this previously, so normally it isn't an issue) 

When I open the catalog in LR of the work they did, I need to locate and re-link my files. I find the missing files on my desktop, hit locate and when I try to select one of the images to link nothing happens. I hit select and return but it doesn't actually select it.My program and OS is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using MacOS Catalina perhaps? If so, in the System Preferences make sure that Lightroom has permissions to access the Desktop.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is selected and LR has access to the desktop folder and I am still unable to click "select." 

I just deleted all the raws off my desktop and am re-uploading them. I doubt this will work, but going to give it a shot. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Deleting the files off my desktop and re-uloading them WORKED! AMAZING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines