Highlighted

Cannot sync capture date on multiple images

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of scanning several hundreds of slides that are 40 years old, plus or minus. The process is going remarkably well but I have run into one snag. Most of the slide mounts have dates stamped on them or the maker has indicated a date taken. For instance, I have 37 images in a folder. I have successfuly changed the date on the first image to 8/1/1978 12:01:00 AM. When trying to sync this date to the other 36 files I find that some dates are changed, but seemingly at random. The next image to 8/1/1978 12:01:00 has been changed to 8/4/1978 6:19:42 PM , and the next to 8/5/1978 1:22:36 PM and the fourth to 7/7/1978 5:26:13 PM. All other dates are either correct or not. My objective is to change the capture date from the scan date to the actual date taken and have all the image files reflect the same date. I have read and understand and updated metadata in the past with keywords and captions but when I attempt to apply the updated capture time to all slides in a folder, the year changes appropriately but the day and month change randomly. I have tried all the metadata options available.  Images are currently sorted in Custom Order. Am I incorrent in assuming that I should be able to revise the capture date for multiple images simultaneously based on a source image? Does anyone out there have any experience with this issue, or did and resolved it, or knows what to do?

Topics

Presets or profiles, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot sync capture date on multiple images

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of scanning several hundreds of slides that are 40 years old, plus or minus. The process is going remarkably well but I have run into one snag. Most of the slide mounts have dates stamped on them or the maker has indicated a date taken. For instance, I have 37 images in a folder. I have successfuly changed the date on the first image to 8/1/1978 12:01:00 AM. When trying to sync this date to the other 36 files I find that some dates are changed, but seemingly at random. The next image to 8/1/1978 12:01:00 has been changed to 8/4/1978 6:19:42 PM , and the next to 8/5/1978 1:22:36 PM and the fourth to 7/7/1978 5:26:13 PM. All other dates are either correct or not. My objective is to change the capture date from the scan date to the actual date taken and have all the image files reflect the same date. I have read and understand and updated metadata in the past with keywords and captions but when I attempt to apply the updated capture time to all slides in a folder, the year changes appropriately but the day and month change randomly. I have tried all the metadata options available.  Images are currently sorted in Custom Order. Am I incorrent in assuming that I should be able to revise the capture date for multiple images simultaneously based on a source image? Does anyone out there have any experience with this issue, or did and resolved it, or knows what to do?

Topics

Presets or profiles, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
JudsonR LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to 

LEGEND , 
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

You can't do multiple files in Lr but this plugin should work

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/capture-time-to-exif/

I paid for and received the plug-in he mentions here... wish I'd read his post first! Ennyhoo, the tool works just fine.

JudsonR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines