• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sync with Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need help. I have been searching the community and I cannot seem to find my issue.   I appologize if it is posted/addressed already.   I use LR Classic on my Macbook Pro then the mobile apps mainly on my iphone.   I also use the phone app to take pictures if I do not have my Canon.   I have read somany threads on how to sync.    I checked I am logged in on my phone & Classic.  Both are up to date.   I do NOT have the "LR mobile"  under my identity plate.   I also searched my hardrive and no "mobile Downloads.lrdata"  Sync is enabled on Classic.   I can see the photos in Classic  but cannot get them off the cloud.  I  tried copying "the  from LR collection"  but i am unable to  get any of the photos to move.  Just to be clear my goal is to get my photos from the mobile device to an exteral Hardive to free up cloud storage.   I appreciate any input or help.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Ok, first off go to Lightroom Classic >preferences > Lightroom sync tab. There you will see the location of the folder on your computer where the copies of the original synced files are located. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 8.45.59 PM.png

Next step,

1. Check the folder to ensure the images that were synced are there.

2. If they are all synced, pause syncing in Classic.

3. Create a folder on your computer where you would like to move the image files to. You may have to do an import of a test image via copy option f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of lightroom is in your computer. Need the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 9.3 for classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, first off go to Lightroom Classic >preferences > Lightroom sync tab. There you will see the location of the folder on your computer where the copies of the original synced files are located. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 8.45.59 PM.png

Next step,

1. Check the folder to ensure the images that were synced are there.

2. If they are all synced, pause syncing in Classic.

3. Create a folder on your computer where you would like to move the image files to. You may have to do an import of a test image via copy option for the folder to display in the folder structure in Classic.

4. In the Library module, grid view, select all the images you wish to move and drag them into the folder you have created. You can now delete the test image from the folder. 

5. When this is safely completed you can use your phone to delete the files from the cloud storage.

6. You can now create a collection of the images in Classic and select to sync to make smart previews available to your mobile devices. The smart previews do not count towards your storage allocation.

7. Reactivate sync to Classic.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 8.46.45 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help!   I think it is working.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines