• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use Lightroom Classic offline, how to run offline?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying, updated LGC and now if I am not signed in I cant use LGC offline.

Yes, I need to be logged in before I go offline, but this now means I have to run Cloud app on my Apple Mac in the top bar which uses much more processing power and is unnecessary to have it on all the time. 
Is there any fix how to get not have Creative cloud running all the time and when offline not have LRC stop working on me?
Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 14.01.46.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe CC applications have to 'phone home' for activation now and then, every month or so. Otherwise they can run without net access. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am working offline as a photographer in remote locations many times without internet, how do I get around this then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe knows the exact time between calls but it's said to be a month or more. 

You do not always need net access. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of processing power that by the Creative Cloud app (i.e. the one your yellow arrow points to) is very little. That being said, the services needed for what Andrew desribes as 'phone home' work independly of the CC App. Therefore, you can quit CC App and still remain logged into the CC Cloud. That's how I've been using it since it was first launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you sign out in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, the Adobe applications get deactivated on that computer. So, while you have internet access, sign in, and do not sign out.

If you were signed in, and did not sign out, then went somewhere without internet access, the applications would still work.

Basically the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is crucial , and accomplishes the following

• Used to install/update applications
  • Used to activate local copy/install of applications
  • Used to authenticate license/payment
  • Calls home, about every 90 days tto check on license status
  • Used to uninstall applications
  • Used to deactivate CC applications on the computer

No need to sign out. And if you loose internet access, the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App will not complain about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines