• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 1DX mark3

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have new camera Canon 1DX mark3 and I use Lightroom classic CC.  When I try to import photos, lightroom doesn't show previews at all, only like white paper.  Can somebody help me. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info so we know precisely which version you're running.

2. Are the photos raw (.cr3), JPEG, or HEIF (.hif)?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: fi-FI
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.13.6 [17G8037]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3,5 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 8 192,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 8 192,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2 788,9 MB (34,0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 12 655,3 MB
Memory cache size: 534,8MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.2.1 [ 415 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1206MB / 4095MB (29%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1231MB / 8192MB (15%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 575

Photos are raw cr3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last reply was blank.   Are the photos raw (.cr3), JPEG, or HEIF (.hif)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos are raw (rc3). If I take jpg photos, it shows those normally. Lightroom version classic 9.2.1. I have not card reader so I import those straight from camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: fi-FI
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.13.6 [17G12034]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3,5 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 8 192,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 8 192,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 593,9 MB (7,2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 12 522,4 MB
Memory cache size: 266,0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.2.1 [ 415 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 2798MB / 4095MB (68%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2846MB / 8192MB (34%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 575

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are try a Card Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly from camera, I have not card reader yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider buying a USB card reader -- they're under $10 on Amazon. LR has long had bugs with capture dates when importing via a USB cable, and importing via a cable can be significantly slower than directly from a memory card.  (That's why a while ago Adobe stopped opening the "Devices" section when you imported from a memory card -- that used the same industry protocol as used for USB cables, with is old and slow.)

I haven't heard of problems with import thumbnails when using a USB cable, but given that Adobe seems to be quietly deprecating cables, it's probably worthwhile to start using a card reader in any case.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I try to import photos, lightroom doesn't show previews at all, only like white paper."

Are you referring to the thumbnails you see in the Import window before you actually start the import, or the thumbnails you see in Library grid view after the import has completed?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a nice large screenshot of your Import screen. If at all passable use a third party screen capture app and crop the result as to show the Import screen, not all the gray outside of it.

This community page has been plagued lately by small screenshots we cannot read, not sure if issue is with page, with users using OS to capture screens, or users trying to keep file size too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thumbnails before importing, so I can't seen and choose pics I want import.They are like white paper. I can still import photos, and after that everything works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thumbnails before importing"

It's certainly possible this is caused by a problem importing via a USB cable.

Try removing some of the photos from the catalog (without deleting them from disk), and then reimport them. Do you see the thumbnails now?  If so, that points at the USB cable being the cause, and using a card reader would avoid the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips.

I removed photos from lightroom and imported those back and now lightroom showed thumbnails. Likely problem is that I have not a card reader. There is lack of those readers due to this corona situaton. Have to wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines