Highlighted

Canon EOS 90D not recognized for tethering in Ligthroom

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe release an update so the recently released EOS 90D can work with the tether option. For now it says "Comera not recognized" 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canon EOS 90D not recognized for tethering in Ligthroom

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe release an update so the recently released EOS 90D can work with the tether option. For now it says "Comera not recognized" 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another 'user' without inside knowledge- I do not know.

The 90D raw file compatibility was added in Lr-Classic v8.4, so I can only guess that Tether support might come in the next update release (next in November?- about every 3 months)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras that can be tethered with Lightroom Classic are listed at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Unfortunatley, Lightroom Classic 8.4 did not include any additional camaras. Therefore, 8.3 list is still valid. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...still not working with the new update I think, or do you experience something different?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon EOS 90D, is not on the latest list of supported camera models or tether capture. No new camera models were adided in the new version upgrade LR Classic v 9.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now found the solution. 
In the Lightroom folder I have replaced both canon dll's with the newest dll's from the
canon development website download. Name DLL: EDSDK.dll and the edsImage.dll
Existing version 3.9.0.6400 Adobe in 13.11.0.6400 from Canon SDK and tethering in
Lightroom 9.1 now works with the Canon EOS 90D.
tethering.jpg

Greetings Henk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henk,

thx for the workaround.

One question: which LR Folder do you mean?

In the system folder?

I cannot find any .dll files anywhere...

Thx for your help, best regards,

Thorsten

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thorsten
 The dll files are in Lightroom.exe folder. see Picture off my Laptop. windows 10 home.
 I would first change the name of the original and then copy the other two in there.
Map: Program Files Adobe AdobeLightroom Classic with te names of the dll EDSDK.dll and EdsImage.dll
Succes and Greet Henk
CanonSDK-LR.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henk

Where exactly did you find the DLL-files? Can´t find them.... do you have a link? 

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this link as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to register with Canon Development and get the files you mentioned above. Did not work with Win 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine on my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits Desktop.

tethering.jpg

And yes also it did not work on my Windows 10 Home Laptop, Why not??

Succes Gr henk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take that back. I have a pre-release 9.2 version and I put the files in there, but was calling up the "old" version. Works fine in all versions now. Thanks for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add that it works on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Have not tried it on desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find a way to download any files on the links.... Have registered and updated my profile etc. Please help.... This is very annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found it after beeing approved as a member...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I replace those DLL-files the import-function i Lightroom is gone...  

Then when I put back the old back-up-versions it works as it should again with import functions. But the tether-problem still remains...  Have the 9.1-version of Lightroom Classic installed through the Adobe Creative Cloud-app. Do you all - who got it working - have the 9.2-version? Might have to try to find that one and make a new atempt.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andreas,

I have the same problem.

It works fine on my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits Desktop. Screen picture,

tethering.jpg

And yes also it did not work on my Windows 10 Home Laptop, Why not?? I do not know

Succes Gr henk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is there a workaround for MacOS available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have no experience with MacOS computers.
Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have used this solution for a few months, but sadly with the new update to Lightroom version 9.2.1 when you replace the 2 .DLL files the option to user Tethering dissapears. When placing back the original DLL files from Lightroom the tethering option is back.. but the camera is not recognized, so sad Adobe does this. Why?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the tethering option gone, when replacing the DLLs with the Canon SDK all the import options are disabled as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had never updated my Lightroom, it was working just fine. Sigh. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines