• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS R direct Wifi import possible?

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my Canon EOS R via wifi to my MacBook Pro which works. Unfortunately I haven't managed to connect it to Lightroom though. To those of you who paired their EOS directly to Lightroom via wifi, how did you do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it's possible to import or copy raw files via wifi. It should be possible with jpeg image files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Jpegs wouldn't work in this case. I am hoping to import photos as soon as the photo is taken so that it pops up in Lightroom and can be reviewed and edited immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Canon EOS Utitlity is NOT launched. More here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-wireless-import-option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I am hoping to import photos as soon as the photo is taken so that it pops up in Lightroom and can be reviewed and edited immediately."

You can do this via WiFi using the Canon EOS Utility with a "watched folder" inside LR. However, the WiFi transfer rate for a Canon EOS 6D raw files is about 10 sec. on my setup.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-with-auto-import-eos-utility-watch-folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines