Highlighted

Canon plugin

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After long time trying to tether connect my Canon EOS R to lightroom, i realize that my LRC doen't have the Canon tether plugin installed but only the Nikon one (I always used Canon so I don't know why is this on), and when I try to connect the camera it says "camera not found".

Does anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it or where I can download the plugin?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canon plugin

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After long time trying to tether connect my Canon EOS R to lightroom, i realize that my LRC doen't have the Canon tether plugin installed but only the Nikon one (I always used Canon so I don't know why is this on), and when I try to connect the camera it says "camera not found".

Does anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it or where I can download the plugin?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, in /Help/System Info/ or in About, what is the exact version? Latest would be 9.4

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what OS?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I do not think a plugin is required or available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank for answer, my Mac and LR are on auto update mode as far as software LR 9.4 and Catalina (I don't have here with me and I don't remember the exact number but the most recent).

I'm asking for the plugin because in another website where trying to solve a tether connection problem and they where saying to make sure that the plugin was turned on (green light) and that's when I realized that I only have the Nikon one and not Canon. I already asked to different person at adobe help center and they all work around trying to find another solution and the problem still there. I really don't understand.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything already and like I said in other people LRC there are Canon, Nikon and Leica tether plugin, in mine only Nikon.

I spent hours, probably days with Adobe chat support but no one seems to answer my question. It should be there somewhere to download this plugins...

or someone competent to help me in Adobe! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugins are installed as part of general installation. I'd uninstall Lightroom completely and reinstall from scratch. 

Sean McCormack http://seanmccormack.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0