• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Print Studio Pro - destination folder?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to print from Lightroom using the Canon Studio Pro plug-in. Received the following error message: Destination folder for this operation is missing...... /Library/Caches/Canon/Print Studio Pro_LR_TEMP

I have not changed anything in my system and am at a complete loss as to what to do to resolve the issue.....any suggestions would be appreciated.

McKinnell Photography

Thread moved to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Open Finder>In the top menu bar click>Go to folder>/Library/Caches

Check which folder is missing in the hierarchy -  /Library/Caches/Canon/Print Studio Pro_LR_TEMP, and create the folder with exact name manually & restart Lr app

Problem Fixed...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug in the software. Did you by any chance recently upgrade the operating system on your Mac?

Anyway a quick google found this: ALERT THE MEDIA!!: Printers and Printing Forum: Digital Photography Review

Apparently reinstalling the PSP software should fix it.

Anyway, why not use the built-in print features in Lightroom? They are far superior to Canon's software and you get better quality if you know what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao

I did recently upgrade the operating system on my Mac so I wonder if that has created the problem. I will reinstall the software and hopefully that will resolve it.

Thanks for you reply.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. I had to create the folder necessary for Print Studio Pro and finally got it working with Lightroom Classic CC. I printed with it a couple of times before I questioned why I bothered to install it. Lightroom's printing options are far superior. I still have PSP installed, but never use it. It doesn't provide any benefit whatsoever over what can be done with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Finder>In the top menu bar click>Go to folder>/Library/Caches

Check which folder is missing in the hierarchy -  /Library/Caches/Canon/Print Studio Pro_LR_TEMP, and create the folder with exact name manually & restart Lr app

Problem Fixed...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! This worked perfectly. Just do this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Mac, then anytime you upgrade the OS this seems to be the result.  There are two options in this case:

1. reinstall Lightroom Classic

2. recreate the directory tree.  On MacOS, you can to this by opening a terminal window and execute the following command:  "mkdir -p /Library/Caches/Canon/Print StudioPro_LR_TEMP".  YOU may need to have administrative access to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction to the terminal command. It should read -- took me a while to figure this out after uninstalling and then reinstalling Lightroom Classic several times!

mkdir -p /Library/Caches/Canon/PrintStudioPro/PrintStudioPro_LR_TEMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is the quickest and easiest soluiton - THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this, and it worked! Only....soon when i put my mac off and started it again (sometimes after a few days) the whole things is gone again. Not there anymore. Wrote some emails to Canon, most remarkeble answer....."This is a Adobe problem, write them." But who wrote this software? Adobe? No we did.
And there you are with your 1200 euro printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines