Highlighted

Canon R5 Raw Support

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will adobe support the Canon R5 CR3 format? Suppport should be day 1 or before. I am sure they have had example CR3 files from the the R5 for a long time. This happened with my 5D Mark IV and I did not have that day one. So annoying. I already downloaded the DNG Converter to try and work around the issue.

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canon R5 Raw Support

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will adobe support the Canon R5 CR3 format? Suppport should be day 1 or before. I am sure they have had example CR3 files from the the R5 for a long time. This happened with my 5D Mark IV and I did not have that day one. So annoying. I already downloaded the DNG Converter to try and work around the issue.

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jkal Suppport should be day 1 or before.

And if camera manufacturers would either stop making silly changes to every new proprietary raws (notice no issue with the camera JPEGs) OR at least provide Adobe and other's a raw prior to release, you'd get that wish. The camera manufacturers don't. So rather than complain to Adobe, you should complain to Canon who took a good deal of your money, then held up YOUR data (the raw) hostage. It's all their fault in this mess. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 9.4 & Lightroom Desktop 3.4 which integrates Camera Raw 12.4 and now supports the Canon EOS R5 raw files.

Here's a list to the other newly added camera support in the August release: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

To update Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop to the latest version, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to the app. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 9.4 & Lightroom Desktop 3.4 which integrates Camera Raw 12.4 and now supports the Canon EOS R5 raw files.

Here's a list to the other newly added camera support in the August release: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

To update Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop to the latest version, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to the app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you get around to adding Camera Profiles for the last four Canon cameras now, you bums.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines