Highlighted

Canon RP Not Found When Tethering To Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've interacted with Adobe Customer service regarding this, it likely falls into same situation as the Canon R camera.

Canon says this is an Adobe issue, but their engineers coordinate with Adobe's. I've been expecting a fix now for the last 6 months but Adobe cannot commit to when. It seems unfair to pay monthly for this when it cannot be used with my RP. If it wasn't for my older Canon that does tether with LR, I would have switched to a competitor. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canon RP Not Found When Tethering To Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've interacted with Adobe Customer service regarding this, it likely falls into same situation as the Canon R camera.

Canon says this is an Adobe issue, but their engineers coordinate with Adobe's. I've been expecting a fix now for the last 6 months but Adobe cannot commit to when. It seems unfair to pay monthly for this when it cannot be used with my RP. If it wasn't for my older Canon that does tether with LR, I would have switched to a competitor. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Canon RP" is not a model that is on the list of models that is supported for tethered shooting in Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm aware and thank you Jim. I was hoping Adobe would have it by now as the camera was introduced in February of 2019. We'll hopefully see it on one of the future updates. Best...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. We are all just users like yourself, although there are a few Adobe employees who contribute from time to time. However, we have no more information than you do about when/if features will be added. Adobe never announces such information in advance. I understand how frustrating this must be for you. But there is no information that can be provided. By the time anyone here would be able to provide a meaningful answer to your question, you would probably already have the answer. I don't mean to sound flippant or uncaring. That's just the reality of things. The feature someone is looking for is either there or it isn't. It can be requested or anticipated and wished for, but that's about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0