• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANT APPLY PRESETS

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't apply presets on my photo in Lightroom CC, When I run over through the mouse on the presets column I could see photos with presets on left top corner, But when I click on the Photo It won't apply to the photo. Please Help

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Your license "Perpetual"  does not permit you to use any version of Lr-7.  All Lr-7 (and above eg. 7.3.1) versions are only available by subscription.

It appears you have been caught out by the bug in the Adobe update software that 'wrongly' allowed many to upgrade from a Version 6 (Perpetual) to a Version 7 (Subscribed).

You have two choices-

1) Subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (paying monthly or yearly)

2) Uninstall Lr-7.3.1 and return to using v6.14. 

If you already subscribe you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I click on the Photo It won't apply to the photo

If not a mis-type in your post-

You need to click on the PRESET name in the Preset Panel to apply it to the photo.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, let us clarify some things-

Are you using  Lightroom-Classic-CC v7.3.1 (Desktop based)  or the new Lightroom-CC v1.3 (Cloud based)?

Can you post a screen-clip of the top 10 lines in the info report you get in Lightroom? MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Are you editing a proprietary raw (NEF, CR2, etc) or a JPG/TIFF/PSD image?

Are the presets- Adobe Default, Purchased from a seller, or your own created?

When you mouse-over a Preset does the image in the Main window change, as well as in the Navigator preview?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am using desktop version -

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 1.09.57 pm.png

I was able to apply them and now they only show in the navigator. I edit in raw and the presets I am trying to use are adobe default and one I created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your license "Perpetual"  does not permit you to use any version of Lr-7.  All Lr-7 (and above eg. 7.3.1) versions are only available by subscription.

It appears you have been caught out by the bug in the Adobe update software that 'wrongly' allowed many to upgrade from a Version 6 (Perpetual) to a Version 7 (Subscribed).

You have two choices-

1) Subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (paying monthly or yearly)

2) Uninstall Lr-7.3.1 and return to using v6.14. 

If you already subscribe you need to contact Adobe to fix your subscription details.

If you do not subscribe, you need to return to Version 6 and there are two things to do-

1) While you have Version 7 running, select all photos you have imported since the upgrade from v6 and "save metadata" [Ctrl+S]. this will preserve most of your editing done on these photos (with limitations).

2) Find the v6 Catalog (copy or from a backup) that was created when you upgraded. As this is the only catalog that v6 will open. (Catalogs are not backward compatible with earlier versions of Lightroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC  napisał(-a)

Actually in this version of LR (with bug upgrade), presets do not work, but you can set a preset to apply when importing photos (apply on import) and then it works. Interesting, right? The conclusion is that presets work well, but it is not possible to apply them in develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FritzGulke  wrote

Actually in this version of LR (with bug upgrade), presets do not work, but you can set a preset to apply when importing photos (apply on import) and then it works. Interesting, right? The conclusion is that presets work well, but it is not possible to apply them in develop.

Which Version are you referring to?

"Interesting, right?- Yes, but be prepared for more (possibly catastrophic?) catalog failures if you are trying to run v7 or higher without a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WobertC  napisał(-a)

Which Version are you referring to?

6.14 + upgrade 7.31

I described it only as a curiosity. Of course, I do not encourage anyone to apply presets in this way, because it would just be terribly uncomfortable 🙂  and may cause other errors.

I discovered this, wondering why presets do not want to apply after this unfortunate upgrade to 7.31. Then I returned to version 6.14 (thankfully I had a copy of the catalog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines