• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Delete "Synched Images" in LR Classic

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had system problems some months ago which required my mac to be totally wiped. I started a new catalogue and imported the previous catalogue which I had saved. The images never synched with properly with Lightroom Online or Mobile and I deleted all images from both of those. I can now upload an image on my phone or ipad and see it online btu I can't get the Classic catalogue to sync or see an image uploaded from phone.

I have tried to delete the synched images in preferences but that takes me to the online version which I've already deleted all images from and the Classic version still appears to be trying to sync thousands of images despite me not ticking any collections.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you started your new catalog did you update the location of where the Mobile Imports are being stored in your Preferences > Lightroom  Sync tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. I have put a screen dump of my screen below.

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 16.20.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of the screen shot there  is an option to Specify locations for Lightroom's synced images. Click on the Choose button and  navigate to the location you would like all of your  mobile images to be stored. I've created and designated a folder on my external drive so that my local drive doesn't get full with Mobile images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that get rid of the images which the system claims are synched yet aren't in collections which are "ticked"?

I can't see how that explains why an item I upload to my phone doesn't appear in my classic "all photos"?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I understand the difference between deleteing and removing thanks. I'm trying to work out how I make my cuurent Classic Catlague also available online which the video doesn't seem to touch upon.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make my cuurent Classic Catlague also available online which the video doesn't seem to touch upon.

Because it is not possible!

Lr-Classic is not designed for online sync of a catalog.

Lr-Classic can upload proxy (smart previews-2560px long edge) files from standard 'Collections' that are marked to sync. And it can download photos imported by mobile Lr apps. But that is its limitations.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines