Highlighted

Cant eject external hard drive because Adobe runs after exiting

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue? After I exit LR, I can't safely eject my hard drive unless I completely shut down my laptop. It's so frustrating that I hesitate to launch LR when I know I am working on other things that I don't want to shut down. Come on, Adobe, don't make me go back to my stand alone LR 5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant eject external hard drive because Adobe runs after exiting

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue? After I exit LR, I can't safely eject my hard drive unless I completely shut down my laptop. It's so frustrating that I hesitate to launch LR when I know I am working on other things that I don't want to shut down. Come on, Adobe, don't make me go back to my stand alone LR 5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi debw45459223,

We're sorry that you're facing problems ejecting your external hard drive safely after you close Lightroom. Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're using?

Does Lightroom still run in the background after you close it? (check in the Activity monitor or Task manager to check this)

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this happens on all/other Adobe products too, notably Photoshop but probably Bridge, Premiere, After Effects and InDesign as well. These are the apps I'm using, and every time I work on Adobe software with files from an external hard drive, I can't eject the drive safely.

I noticed similar problems when controlling a screen from a server and saving images/videos directly to the server from my laptop. The controller on the server would freeze, and the whole server would need to be rebooted.

Everytime there has been a link of some sort between an Adobe software on my computer and an external server/drive (everytime I've saved an Adobe file to an external server/drive), there have been problems. Either I've had to reboot the server, force eject the drive, or reboot the computer. 

Thanks for all the help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep and it's now July 2020 and still happening with several of the updated apps. C'mon, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator, Photoshop even Acrobat DC.

The Fix (ish):
If you go into task manager and shut down all of the background Adobe apps including the creative cloud apps (e.g. CCXProcess, etc.), you will be able to eject your external hard drive.

This will keep you from having to shut down you computer. Still, I am paying adobe way too much money to have this irritating problem. This needs to be fixed for real. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 2