• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant get my proofing to match on printer

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having problems with printing with the wf7525 epson printer. My monitor is calibrated and ive tried various outputs in the profile settings with no avail.

Ive turned off no colout adjustment on the printer and used various profiles in lightroom but it still prints badly.

My proofing is matched perfect too.

The only way ive managed to get it better is to change the colour controls under printer management but with 20 sheets of paper used and lots of ink it still doesnt match.

There must be an easier way to do this.

Included are screen shots.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use this option to embed screenshots, so that others do not have to download them to see them. 

67D67B25-CF1E-4A8C-985B-9CEA32E04418.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20201108_093715.jpg20201108_093507.jpg20201108_091344.jpg20201108_091344.jpg20201107_211040.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have to monitors and they both match

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your settings are totally wrong. In Lightroom you should not choose AdobeRGB', but the printer profile. That you must also choose in the Print Module (you show the soft proof setup, but that is only a simulation. It does not affect the final print). Then in the Epson printer dialog (first screenshot) you must choose 'No Color Adjustment'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure it was on that first but will try again and post results. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried those settings but the results are dark with loss of colour.

The bottom screen shot shows the one with gamma 1.8 on the left and the one with leaving no change in printer dialogue box to the right.

20201108_113023.jpg20201108_113052.jpg20201108_113136.jpg

20201108_113523.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its as if the greens are not coming through right or the brightness. I dont understand why not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again the settings are wrong, because now you have set the color management in Lightroom to 'Managed by Printer" (first screenshot). As I said before, you must select the printer profile here.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which one under the drop down list do I set for printer profile.

I've already done managed by printer and selected no colour adjustment in printer dialogue box. All I get then is a dark print with hardly any colour.

Someone said download the paper icc but I'm sure that won't make that much difference. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT USE 'MANAGED BY PRINTER'! That turns off color management in Lightroom (and you now also turned it off in the printer driver). You must select your printer (paper) profile here (and keep it turned off in the printer driver). Here's an example where I selected a special profile I made for Ilford Gallery paper. And yes that someone was right and you are wrong. You should have a specific paper icc-profile and use that. That is what color management is all about.

1 2020-11-09 11-06-20.jpg

Maybe this helps for a better understanding of what you are doing (getting a book about Lightroom may help too). It's old, but still valid: https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/lightroom/how-to-use-icc-color-printer-profiles-lightroom-c...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been looking for Epson matte heavyweight paper profile but can't find any online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard Epson paper profiles should get installed with the printer driver.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use the right paper settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenr9740958_0-1604933966601.png

warrenr9740958_1-1604933985868.png

I think ive found one but it doesnt recognize it when i try and add it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Windows user, but I believe that when you double click the profile you just downloaded, then Windows will offer to install it in the right place. You may have to restart Lightroom (or maybe your computer) before it then sees it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenr9740958_0-1604946835503.png

I tried all that and used the RR premium matte paper icc and i turned off no colour managementr on the printer dialogue box but its still printing the same

20201109_183154.jpg

warrenr9740958_1-1604946982441.png

give up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenr9740958_0-1604945058559.png

These are the only profiles i have under the colour management profile box. I cant find any online that it recognises 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warrenr9740958_0-1604945604952.png

i downloaded this one for matte paper but it doesnt show up here

warrenr9740958_1-1604945672573.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I had added my two cents worth. Duplicate entry?

In my opinion your problem is that you are selection to allow the printer to manage. Bad call. Use icc profiles instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I never added photos in the main area.

Think I've tried every combination to be honest.

I've not allowed the printer to manage it and I've tried using several of the lightroom profiles like rgb but it just doesn't match what I see on screen to what is printed. Guess I will have to just keep wasting ink and paper and adjust the sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried printing from Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone could do a pc take over to see whats going on. I've tried everything now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see any of the standard paper profiles, you probably need to reinstall the printer driver. Best thing is to completely uninstall it, download the latest version for your operating system from Epson and install that and reconnect your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines