Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import Fuji RAF Files into Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive just purchased a FUJI XT1 (Ver 3.00) and updated the firmware. I went out shooting in RAW and unfortunately I can't import my new photographs.

In Lightroom (5.3) it says that "Preview unavailable for this file".

So I went to Adobe DNG Converter (8.7.1) and it doesn't recognise the RAF files.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

If you are talking about the Fuji X-T1 then you need to have at least Lightroom 5.4 installed. The DNG converter should work. But I suspect you didn't use it properly. The DNG converter prompts for a FOLDER that contains raw images. You need to choose the folder but not open it. Then the DNG converter will find all of the raw images in that folder and will create DNG copies.

If you are talking about that model, you should be able to open the original raw images if you update to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6.3 (standalone) and get the message that the raw files from Fujifilm x70 are not recognized. Strange isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi,

Not strange at all, support for the X70 was added in LR6.4, you should update to LR6.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there same problem I encountered I have Fujifilm XA-2 and LR 5.7.1 but when I'm trying to import may raw file (RAF) this message appear "Preview unavailable for this file" I'm using windows 7 what should I do? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X-A2 was first supported by LR 6.0. You can either upgrade, sign up for a LR CC subscription, or use the free DNG Converter 9.0 or newer (9.5 is current) to create DNGs from your RAFs and those DNGs (but not RAFs) will open in the older LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problem here. I can't import RAF raw files from fuji X70. I have Lightroom CC and it shows to be up to date. Bridge can open the fuji raw files.

Versions: Lightroom > About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom... shows 2015.1.1 Release Camera Raw 9.1.1.

Bridge is 6.2.0.179.

I've forced a check for updates and it still shows to be up-to-date.

Something tells me I don't really have the latest version of Lr CC because I've seen this at Lightroom CC 2015.4 / 6.4 now available

New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.4 / 6.4

• Fujifilm X70

How can I have CC and not have the latest version?

iMac Retina 5K, Late 2015

OS X 10.11.4

Thanks,

Dwayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have CC and not have the latest version if you haven't followed the updates that have been offered. Lightroom CC 2015 is installed with version 2015.0, and has evolved to 2015.5 .1. If your application manager isn't following the updates then you might need to update the application manager. If you go to Help/about Photoshop Lightroom CC, what version does it indicate that you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks for the reply.

I seem to be stuck at 2015.1.1. The CC manager shows both Ps and Lr are up to date. I don't think this is correct.

I'll try to update the CC manager app.

CCmanager.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently my Lr CC was stuck on version 2015.1.1 from last year just prior to my computer upgrade. I didn't notice that CC wasn't upgrading Lr until I got a new camera and I found that Lr couldn't convert the RAW files. I tried to resolve the problem by log out/in of CC app manager, requesting a 'check version' and even turned off my firewall but no luck.

Finally I resorted to uninstalling Lr by opening the CC app manager, go to Apps, hover over the Lightroom CC name and click on the gear icon. Select 'Uninstall' and check the box to keep the settings.  Once the uninstall process is complete, select 'install.' I opened the newly installed Lr and maybe because I chose 'keep the settings' the new version opened right where I left off. Lightroom is now at the current version. It can also convert the RAW files from the new camera. All better now. I will closely monitor the upgrades from now on.

I started with 'Can't import Fuji RAF Files into Lightroom' but the problem I experienced was ultimately 'Can't upgrade Lightroom CC.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive just purchased a FUJI XT2.

I went out shooting in RAW and unfortunately I can't import my new photographs.

In Lightroom (5.7.1) it says that "Preview unavailable for this file".

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to version 6. Lightroom (v6.6) supported the XT2 from the day it was released (Cameras supported by Camera Raw ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting because I just purchased a brand new XT20 and was running into the same trouble, with no solution offered here for me (my lightroom, raw converter etc are all up to date but the camera was literally just shipped last week so it seems that Adobe haven't caught up to Fujifilm yet).

Anyway, I discovered, quite by accident, that the solution was within the camera itself. All I had to do was "process" the RAW images in the camera and then I was able to import them into Lightroom without a problem! I just thought I'd share this for anyone else facing this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a FUJI XT2.

I can't import my raw in raf to my old lightroom 4.x.

I installed newer lightroom with trail version.

e.g.

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 (994254)

Lightroom version: CC2015 [1014445]

I also installed CameraRaw_9_1_2.zip

I still can't import my raw files.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X-T2 requires Lightroom 6.6 or Cloud 2015.6 or later.

There's no way of opening XT-2 Raw files in Lightroom 4.x or Lightroom 5.x.

If you're launching Lightroom CC 2015 then you need to be sure that you are running 2015.6 or later. Click Help > System Information. What does the first line next to Lightroom version say?

Lightroom does not use Camera Raw at all so installing Camera Raw won't help you with importing Raw files into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera requires at least Lightroom 6.6/CC 2015.6. You have Lightroom 6.0/CC 2015.0 installed. You cannot update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in. Lightroom doesn't use it. You will have to update Lightroom itself. Go to the help menu and choose Updates and follow the prompts to get the latest update of the program installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new.     I used to be able to import and read my Fuji XT-2 RAF files, but now all of my previously imported Fuji RAF files are no longer readable in my Lightroom CC 2015 catalog after updating. Each file now has an exclamation point next to the thumbnail and I get the error "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo."   I am also no longer able to import any new RAF files.  I was able to read files and import before the update.

Please help.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.10 [5]

Application architecture: x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "!" Indicates that Lightroom isn't finding the images. Perhaps they have been moved, or they are on an external drive that has been disconnected. At any rate, they are not being found. Also, the version number you are listing is for Lightroom CC 2015.0. Did you reinstall, or what. If you are running Lightroom CC 2015, you should be running a much higher update number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.  Problem solved:   I recently installed a new main hard drive, cloned from old hard drive.  Kept old hard drive in computer just in case there were problems.   It seems I now have two versions of LR CC 2015 and the CC updater has been updating the version that's on my old hard drive... I've been unknowingly running the older version on my new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"CC 2015 [1014445]"

See my answer to your other thread. You appear to have installed an older version of LR. Update to LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.   Had two versions of Lightroom CC on computer - one on a cloned older drive.  CC updater has been updating the old drive so I've been unknowingly using the old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No surprisingly... the RAF files are now readable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I also have a Fuji XT 1 version 3 and Lightroom version 6 (stand alone) for a year now. I am back from a trip and fill 4 memory cards. I use the RAF format for my files. I was able to save 2 of my cards with no problem into Lightroom but i am not able to load the last 2 cards. Lightroom refuse to accept them.

It is strange because I can load my 4 cards into Iphoto with no problem and see all my photos.

Can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom 5.7 and a Fujivilm x100v, I found I couldn't import the Fujifilm RAF format.  The solution is to download the free Adobe Digital Negative Converter.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#downloads

You can run this and convert  the RAF tto DNG files.  to do this you plug  camera memory card into a USB port, tell the converter to look for uncoverted RAF files on your memory card, and to save them in the same directories as DNG. Then run Iimport on your Lightroom, and you can import the DNG, and work with them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason this feedback is so confusing is that if you started with CC2014 or similar the updater doesn't work properly, doesn't matter what you do. The solution is to delete LR and re-install the latest version from the CC installer, remember to click the option that saves your settings. Not pleasant but it will work. Everything else I tried didn't. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XT3 and Lr 6.14 and still cant use Raf files, how do I get around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines