• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant import .nef into LR 5.7

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently unable to import some photos i took the other night in raw into Lightroom 5, when i try this is what happens:

also on the import screen the previews for all the .nef raw files dont display at all each one says preview unavailable.

how do i go about importing them viewing them in some way? windows photos wont open them either.

i have the following nikon programs on my computer as well: ViewNX-i, capture NX-D, Nikon transfer 2, picture control utility 2.

the photos behind the pop up in my screenshot are all jpegs but its only the .nef files that wont import. camera body is nikon d3400.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

A D3400 NEF file requires at least Lightroom 6.7. So you cannot directly import these into Lightroom 5.7.

You could use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter, convert the NEF to DNG, and then import the photos into LR 5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A D3400 NEF file requires at least Lightroom 6.7. So you cannot directly import these into Lightroom 5.7.

You could use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter, convert the NEF to DNG, and then import the photos into LR 5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines