• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant view pics

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irecently updated my lightroom 5 to 5.7.1. Now when i try to view my pictures nothing comes up. i've been trying to figure it out for weeks now but i dont see any reason

for the pictures not to be viewable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Next step to try-

Check if your monitor profile is possibly corrupt-  Details in this link:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give more information. Mac or windows? Do you see any folders in the folder panel or is that empty too? You could have simply created a brand new empty catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 . When i try to export the new pictures from my Sd card or camera it shows the location and shows a box representing a picture but no actual picture.

even My old pictures that I have worked on or edited In the past shows the same thing . A box but no actual picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a corrupt previews cache. Try the following: Open the Lightroom catalog folder (usually inside your Pictures folder) and look for a folder called 'Catalogname Previews.lrdata'. Move it out of the catalog folder for the time being. Now start Lightroom. Lightroom will first still show empty boxes, but then it starts to rebuild the previews so you should see them appearing one by one. If this works, then you can trash the old folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, that didnt work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step to try-

Check if your monitor profile is possibly corrupt-  Details in this link:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the issue encountered in post #2 of this thread thanks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sry, I can’t post pics to this forum. But the picture preview boxes just show as grey boxes, no actual visible preview of the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx. That was it. No color profile was assigned. I appreciate the help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines