• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Case-sensitive folder path issue in Lightroom Classic 6.14

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a weird issue with my folder/storage overview in the librabry navigation window. After importing some images from a second partition into my catalog, a second storage section appears in the folder tab although it's the same partition as existing images in the catalogue. The only difference is the case sensitive partition letter, for example:

- d:\[parent-folder]\[image-folder-1]

- D:\[parent-folder]\[image-folder-2]

Did somebody know this kind of issue an maybe has an advise to me how to deal with it? As OS I am using Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although NTFS is "case-aware", Windows usually does not care about case. Except it is activated for  folder: https://www.howtogeek.com/354220/how-to-enable-case-sensitive-folders-on-windows-10/

I suggest to try the following: Move the new folders to a different drive from within LR. Then move back to the correct place in LR library from within LR.

Let us know if this helps.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines