• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog & Finder pictures are different

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run LRC 9.4 on an iMac.  Lately I came across by accident a photo in one of my folders in the Catalog that is different from the one it points to in the Finder - say you have a folder "Trip to london" and the photos in the folder have a sequential filename "London-1", "London-2" etc.  

Looking at "London-2" I see Buckingham Palace but when I right-click it Show in Finder, the picture in the Finder is actually of Big Ben!  The thing is that I would have taken both pictures but now they are one with the same filename!

Why does this happen?

How do i solve it to get both pictures?

How do I find other examples of this problem in a catalog of 70,000 photos?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen it is hard to tell what is happening.

So post some screen shots of what you are seeing on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetly I have already corrcted the ones I found and need to wait for some new ones before I can post screenshots.  Silly of me not to have thought about it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Looking at "London-2" I see Buckingham Palace ..."

Do you see this in the Lightroom Classic Library Module, or do you see this in the Lightroom Classic Develop Module, or somewhere else? What do you see in the Develop Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only in the Library Module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Devleope Module I see the picture that shows in the Library Module and not the one that actually is in the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunetly I have already corrcted the ones I found"

I'm sure there's a logical explanantion as to what happened to cause this issue. Explaining in detail HOW you corrected the issue will give us a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The procedure to correct was as follows:

1. Opened the photo showing in Library Module to a good size and screenshot it saving to desktop;

2. Opened the relative but different photo in Finder and dragged that out to desktop - so now i have 1 missing photo in Finder and 2 photos on the desktop;

3. That meant that the photo showing in the Library Module was now tagged as Missing so deleted that from disk;

3. Kept same numbering for the photo that was in Finder but gave a new filename and sequential number to the screenshot;

4. Imported both photos to LR and moved them to the original folder which now increased the total number of photos in the folder by 1.

Hope that's clear, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines