• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog Can't be optimized or repaired

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I upgraded to v10.0. Not trusting things I decided to exit and backup. I set options to check the catalog integrity etc. This failed. So I restarted LRC and get that the catalog can't be repaired. Reboot, delete and start over with the upgrade catalog option. LRC starts and I decide to run a catalog optimization.  This fails. I've now done all this twice. I'll attempt just a back-up. Windows 10 with latest updates. Catalog is on an SSD by iteslf FWIW

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update I can neither optimize nor check the integrity of the new catalog. I was able to do just a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before upgrading to LrC 10, I made a backup of my LrC 9 Catalog file including optimize.

Only then did I upgrade to LrC 10 and on completion of the upgrade I launched LrC 10 and upgraded the Catalog file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines