Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog fails at integrity, optimization and won't backup

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10.11, Windows 10

LRC started running slow and then it started locking up performing simple tasks.   A windows comes up asking what I was doing when it locked up and offers to send a reprot to Adobe.  I have sent about 5 of these now.  

Besides (see subject line) it also locks up when I try to delete any photos or just suddenly closes.  Can someone from Adobe contact me?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employees who can help you seldom ever participate in this user to user forum.

You should be able to get help from the links on this Adobe site:  Adobe Help Center

In the meantime, have you been letting LrC backup your catalog? You can search your drives for files that end in .lrcat.zip

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I have a valid backup from about 10 days ago.
However I did A LOT of work and editing that I would rather not lose. So I
am hoping Adobe can help with a repair. I will check out the link you gave
me and contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck 🙂 That's why I back up every time LrC exits. I also do the integrity check and optimize the catalog each time. That's a good reason to do the backup each time LrC exits.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines