• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog missing after relaunching Lightroom Classic on Mac

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!  I upgraded my desktop lightroom 5.7 to the new classic subscription version.  I upgraded and imported my catalog from 5.7.  I did a bunch of work and imported some new images.  It was running really slow so I closed it down (I don't remember a prompt to back up).  When I reopened it, there was no catalog.  Now I can't find the work/updated catalog with work I did from yesterday. HELP!

Greg

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience due to Lightroom Classic. Please go to the File menu in Lightroom Classic, then Open Recent and check if you see multiple catalogs in the list. The current catalog would have a small ceck mark infront of its name. If you see other catalogs, try opening the other catalogs to check if you can open the catalog you were working with.

You can also go to the Pictures folder of your Mac (the default location for Lightroom catalogs) and check if you are able to see the cataog there.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you choose to keep the catalog at?  What hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalogs don't just disappear. The catalog is the only file that Lightroom opens. It is crucial to the operation of the program. Lightroom Classic doesn't just delete the catalog on its own. Did you move it, or is it stored in some obscure location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be still have Lightroom 5.7 installed on your system and you have opened that version instead of the Lightroom Classic.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what happens when you start Lightroom Classic again? Does it tell you again that it needs to upgrade the old catalog? Does it tell you it can't find the catalog? The explanation could be very simple. In the Lightroom preferences you can specify which catalog should be opened on startup. The safest setting is 'Most recent catalog' but in your case the setting could be that is should open a specific catalog, which is either not there, or is the old catalog. What you would need to do is find the upgraded catalog (the default location is a Lightroom folder inside your Pictures folder) and start Lightroom once by double clicking it. Then change the preference setting so that Lightroom will know which catalog to open next time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines