• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog will not open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 and latest version of LR Classic. When I open LR I get the message that the catalog is already open and to close the other version and relaunch lightroom. I checked in task manager and do not see another application using any LR catalogs. I can also select and older catalog and it does open okay.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Check for a file ending 'lrcat.lock' in the Lightroom catalog folder. If you find same, then delete it. This should allow Lightroom  Classic to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for a file ending 'lrcat.lock' in the Lightroom catalog folder. If you find same, then delete it. This should allow Lightroom  Classic to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked, thanks Ian. Any idea why or what caused this file to be created. LR is working fine after I deleted the *.lock, but just now when checking the directory the catalog is in I see the lock file is back. Not causing a problem right now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, if Lightroom Classic terminates abnormally (program crashed, computer crashed), it leaves the .lock file on your disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines