Highlighted

Catalog

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom said i needed to update the catalog, so i did so. I'm now missing photos from the last few months. How can i get them back without having to do the work all over again?

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Catalog

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom said i needed to update the catalog, so i did so. I'm now missing photos from the last few months. How can i get them back without having to do the work all over again?

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more information. A "normal" catalog update should not have missing photos. If all of the photos are still where they have always been, and all external hard drives (if there are any) are still connected and active, and you are in fact using the updated catalog, you should simply be able to continue as normal. That has always been my experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have most likely (accidentally) upgraded the wrong catalog file. Use File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there until you find the desired catalog showing the desired photos. If that doesn't work, use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks, for files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Double-click on each one to open it in Lightroom until you find the catalog that shows the desired photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I accidentally did. Unfortunately there arent any other
catalogs listed and there's nothing in my files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines