• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogs unavailable via taskbar Windows 10

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an annoying thing for a while now and am no closer to resolving the issue. LR Classic is the only app of all my apps that doesn't allow me (anymore) to access catalogs via my quick-launch icon in the taskbar. All the catalogs (or most of them) icons are white and when I click them, it says the catalog is unavailable.

See attached...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

I think the link for the .lrcat extension to Lightroom is missing. Please assign the lrcat extension to Lightroom Classic and check.

Change default programs in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

How to Change File Associations in Windows (lifewire.com)

How to Change Windows 10 File Associations and Default Programs (makeuseof.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this problem with my Windows 10 20H2, Lightroom Classic 10.0

You should really give the version NUMBERS of your operating system and Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening since the springtime across a few versions of LR Classic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's been happening since the springtime across a few versions of LR Classic..."

This doesn't answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to create a new shortcut and pin it. Probably relates to an upgrade of LrC.

Path in shortcut may no longer be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that already but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that right away, but it told me that there was an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nrf4amg8zI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be more reliable to open Lightroom-Classic (from the taskbar program icon) while holding down the [CTRL] key.

LrC will then present you with the list of Catalogs that it 'knows about' for your selection.

It takes an extra mouse click, but may overcome problems with the OS history of pinned catalogs.

It might also be about time you renamed some of those -2-2-2-2 catalogs that have seen several updates, so the 'old' versions do not keep re-appearing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion you have Way To Many Catalogs.

I have 2 catalogs for V10. My Working catalog and a Test catalog. Then I keep one catalog from Previous versions back to Lr 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the link for the .lrcat extension to Lightroom is missing. Please assign the lrcat extension to Lightroom Classic and check.

Change default programs in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

How to Change File Associations in Windows (lifewire.com)

How to Change Windows 10 File Associations and Default Programs (makeuseof.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a test, and to verify or disprove a hunch. Use your OS File Manager, navigate to one of your catalogs. Double click on the catalog. Does LR start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines