• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogs won't load

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could really use someone's help. I've tried several different ways I've gone from the classic back to Adobe 5 and nothing will get my catalogs to load.

I had to back them up on an external while fixing my computer now that they're back on my computer they're not loading anymore I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic CC question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the company name, so what do you mean my Adobe 5... what program do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,
I was using LR 5.7. Updated to LR Classic.
Then went back to 5.7 because classic wouldn't load my catalog. Now it won't load in either one.
Somehow getting them off my external and back on my computer messed up something and I can not figure it out. 
Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have exclamation point icons on every photo. Please see this document for instructions how to fix this:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried that it didn't work. I have all the photos I am just going to have to import them individually again and create a new catalog I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By importing, you lose all your edits and user provided metadata.

The link I gave does work, you didn't explain what you did or what happened, but I'm sure you didn't do it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was doing something wrong, and since have figure it out. Thank you though. It did have something to do with the images being on the external. I have now put them back on my computer and I was able to get the catalog to load correctly but changing the directory. I still don't understand why the catalog would not load fro the external though but I am sure it was something to do with the way I had it backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines